Usually I am obsessed with drawing out the spoon and making it as symmetrical as possible. I tried a different approach on this one.
Whilst splitting some fire wood the other night I noticed a split with a lovely curve and bulbous knot, looked like perfect spoon material.
So for this one I didn’t draw anything. I just got my knife and went with the flow of the grain and knots in the wood – not letting myself to get obsessed with the symmetry or the small details.
The head nearly cracked off because there’s and knot running right through it. Instead, there’s a little hole in the bottom, good for draining tea bags maybe.
Think I’ll stick to my usual approach for most of my future spoons but pretty happy with the result.